Friday, July 20, 2012

Operation: A.P.P.E.N.D.I.X

WARNING
THE FOLLOWING BLOG POST MIGHT CONTAIN DISTURBING AND GRAPHIC IMAGERY THAT CAN CAUSE YOUR LUNCH TO BE LURCH OUT FROM YOUR STOMACH ONTO YOUR LAPTOP/COMPUTER WHICH WILL CAUSE HEAVY SWEARING AND POSSIBLE SCOLDING FROM PARENTS OR AN UNCOMFORTABLE FASTING SESSION SINCE RAMADHAN IS COMING UP.

OH, YOU WON'T BE EATING ANY LUNCH DURING RAMADHAN

SILLY ME

So what's up with Operation Appendix?

To tell the truth, I just recently had my Appendix removed. 
That's right folks, Nazran finally has his first surgery...and now he didn't have any appendix.

HAHAHA sucks to be you bro!

But wait, appendix don't have any important function to the human body.
So back at ya...I didn't lose anything...
Well, except an appendix, 2 weeks of college, my sanity, my manliness for 3 days and quite a lot of money.

So how did it happened?

It happened on a Monday
I was derping around with the usual food court gang when a weird sensation hit my stomach and I might say it hit me hard. I remember that I ate Nestum for breakfast that morning so I might have a slight gastric. Figuring that out, I decided to take the bus back to Casa Subang...

Well...
Being the busy body I am, I took the bus after meeting up with my new room mates, an old friend, a few Petronas scholar and also with my Malaysian Studies group mates. With every activity, my stomach pain grew.

I arrived at Casa after 30 minutes in the 30 (The traffic was bad on that day)
Upon reaching my unit, I dropped all of my things, and limped to the kitchen (while expertly avoiding the exploded tiles from yesterday) I grabbed the Gaviscon from the cabinet and guzzled down its content (Not after meticulously measuring it using a measuring cap)

After consuming the antacid, I felt a slight relief from the pain and decided to take a nap.

ZZZZ
Zzzzz
Zzzzz
ZZZzzz

And its 4.00pm
I woke up and
BAM!
EPIC PAIN IN THE GUT NOOOBBBSSSS!!!!
Yes, the pain strikes hard in the gut, particularly at the lower right abdomen.
I tried to fend off and withstand the pain but within minutes, I was groaning.
I called my mom and dad, obviously blurred of what to do.
They can't do much so I carried myself to the living room; every step send more surge of pain to the gut.
Once at the living room, I grabbed the laminated paper which has the important numbers and called the Warden.
...
...
No answer.
Serious, I swore out loud.
Then, I called the office
And for some reason, the douchebag on the line said "We don't cater to medical needs"
Well, F U then. I'm in frickin' pain
Again, I swore out loud.
Then, I tried to think objectively.
What is the cause of my pain?
I pulled out my trusty Iris and googled "Abdominal Pains"

Abdominal Pains
May cause by gastric
*random medical jargon*
*random medical jargon*
*random medical jargon*
*More random medical jargon*
If pain occurs at the lower left of abdomen, maybe it is because of *random medical jargon*
If pain occurs at the lower right of the abdomen (I held in my breath, the pain came from the lower right) it is maybe of Appendicitis.


Yup, my heart sank.
Appendix
Appendix
Appendix
I remembered my late-great grandmother who had her appendix burst...and it was not pretty...and it jeopardizes her life.

Shit just got serious.

I called the Warden again and he answered!
I frantically explained my situation before he agrees to send me to the hospital.
He told me to wait at the parking.

And as if the world is against me, it was rain...heavily....with strong winds....oh, and did I mention LIGHTNING
I grabbed my valuables and traverse into the storm.
It was cold and it made my muscle shivered
Shivering amplified the pain for some reasons.
I arrived at the parking lot only to find out

There was no van 0.0
So I wait...in the rain...for 10 minutes...
Before a van came
But I was already pale, cold and in pain.

The warden rushed me to the hospital...
BUT
The world is against me remember?
BAM!
Here is a GREAT TRAFFIC JAM FOR YOU, NAZRAN!

So fast forward one hour later.
FINALLY!
I arrived at the hospital (The pain...oh the pain...)
And the nurses came with wheelchairs and such.
I contacted my parents and they say they are on their way. Dad already settled my GL earlier...Thank you Medijaring.
A doctor came to inspect me.
With a couple of pushes, he concluded that I have appendicitis and required surgery by tomorrow.
Oh my....
I never had surgery before in my life!
Nervousness clenched my heart...

But thank god the emergency ward has wifi.
To ease the pain a little, I contacted Tsun-chan...which she suddenly went into worry mode instantly....(And she cried too..awww :(((

So I go a room...
And I need to fast...
Then came next morning, the nurse came and brought me to the operation theater.
I made some jokes with the nurse to ease the tension.
And before I know it, I was staring at the huge light thingy above me.
The anesthetic put on an oxygen mask on my face...

And POOF!
MAGIC!

I was now outside of the OT, seeing double visions.
When it cleared up a little, a nurse came and said : "Operation Successful"
I thank Allah immediately.
Then she showed me this picture:
  Uuuuu
That the culprit!
I thank god I didn't ate anything for 24 hours...
If not, I would have puked...

So,
That is about it!
Now, I'm resting at home...
Relaxing
Recovering
And worrying about my Finals, SAT and TOEFL while the others had already started their prep classes.
My Kiasu-ness went overdrive these past few days....

Well, I hope things will get better soon...
And this is one heck of an experience to write as my College Application

0 comments:

Post a Comment